Saturday 14 March 2020

Patrick's Prayer


St Patrick's Day will be a rather muted affair this year. Cities across the world have taken the decision to cancel their parades due to the spread of the Coronavirus. For the Christian community the shift of focus away from excessive consumption and noisy celebration could be a welcome change.

In these troubled times St Patrick's prayer for protection could be a good place to begin praying for ourselves, our local communities and for the wider world. The words of this modern version are from the Northumbria Community.



Christ as a light illumine and guide me.
Christ as a shield overshadow me. 
Christ under me; Christ over me;
Christ beside me on my left and my right.
This day be within and without me,
lowly and meek, yet all powerful.
Be in the heart of each to whom I speak;
in the mouth of each who speaks unto me.
This day be within and without me,
lowly and meek, yet all powerful.
Christ as a light; Christ as a shield: 
Christ beside me on my left and my right.


No comments:

Post a Comment